Tuesday 20 February 2007

Costly remedies

Lots of puns today on our UK national health service and how apparently is is paying £500 million too much for medicines and all this is according to the Office of Fair Trading.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=437279&in_page_id=1770

How they worked this out was this, they looked at the price and of what value - sorry not value, that's another pun! what benefit iw was to patients. by looking at some sort of technical graph that us normal folk would not understand (I should imagine), OFT, worked out that some drugs were up to 10 times overpriced?

I take a medication which is not widely used in this country for nerve pain but it works for me. It may cost my GP practice a lot of money but they allow me to have to have this drug each month and because of it I have more of a life - MEASURE THAT!

No comments: