Tuesday 20 March 2007

Heather Mills Grrrr

This is more about the rule than about her but I still can't stand the woman. In fact she should be more sensitive and is only out to look out for number one. She's always in the press and uses her own rule of her "Conservation issues". What rot! But I digress.....

Heather Mills lives in the same part of the world as me and she because she has had an amputation she has a 'Blue Badge'. This blue badge allows the person who owns the car to park it where ever they would like as long as the car is not parked in a loading area. Blue badges are difficult to get hold of and you are only supposed to have them if you fulfill a strict criteria and admittedly having an amputation is one of the rules and so Heather deserves a badge in that case; that said, I have a friend who can hardly walk due to chronic and severe daily pain and cannot get a blue badge from the same city authority that gave the baddge to Heather? My friend does not have an amputation and has to fulfil another rule of "Not being able to walk 50 or 100metres (depending on the authority) without severe pain" Sometimes my friend can walk this distance and she does not want to lie, yet other times she spends her days in bed.


Heather Mills scored 18/30 on America's Dancing with the Stars so is she disabled or is she able-bodied? Does she deserve that blue badge and SHOULD people with amputations have to fulfil the same criteria as those without amputations because I feel the rule is a farce.

This is not the first time that Heather Mills has made me angry and it has nothing to do with what the press print. I can watch a TV and see what comes out of her mouth and I do not like it. She's out for what she can get, (IMHO) I cannot be the only disabled person to be angry with her and her gigantic 4X4. I'll be honest I do not even park it on double yellow lines like she does!
I know I'm having a good old moan here but it has been building up for some time. I felt sorry for her and even liked her at one point, however not any more.

Heather Mills, do some good for good causes and stop publisizing YOURSELF!
(No picture and no further mention of the woman)

No comments: